Looking for a bigger and better opportunity?
If you're interested in joining our game-changing supply chain, please forward your resume with credentials to Joyce Dorais at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GrainsConnect Canada is seeking a Construction Site Representative (1) at each of our new terminal construction projects located at Huxley, Alberta. This will be a full time term position for approximately 18 to 20 months with potential to convert into a full time operational position in the grain terminal.
As part of the larger GrainsConnect Project Management (PM) Team, this position is the owner's representative on the worksite and is responsible for monitoring the ongoing construction activities and reporting progress and costs to PM Team members located in the Calgary head office. The Construction Site Representative does not direct the day to day activities of the Main Contractors on the worksite.
+ Read more
- Monitoring safety on the construction worksite; reports issues or incidences to PM Team
- Assesses workplace hazards; works with Main Contractors on corrective actions
- Monitors construction progress; reports daily progress into GCC Project Management Team
- Provide daily costs estimates, provides picture and comments for weekly reports
- Receives products and goods shipped to site
- Helps maintain site security and site housekeeping\organization
- Supervises Owner initiated small projects (fencing, gates, sign installation)
- Obtains quotes for services as directed by the GCC Project Management Team
- Assists Main Contractors with onsite coordination and set up
- Attends daily and weekly site safety meetings
- Participates in Weekly Construction Coordination Meeting
- Must be proficient with computers; MS Office (Word, Excel), SharePoint, email
- Proven problem solving ability, analytical and numeracy skills;
- Must have a valid Class 5 (or higher) drivers licence; clean driver's abstract
- Must have valid Standard First Aid & CPR tickets
- Must have completed the Alberta Construction Safety Association – Construction Safety Training System course or equivalent
- Must have completed industry recognized Hazard Assessment and Hazard Management courses
- Safety for Supervisors training would be an asset
- Ability to read civil constructions drawings and familiar with surveying & staking methods
- Must be willing to work outdoors, year-round, in some extreme weather
- Understand construction permit requirements and understand all OH&S Safety regulations and requirements
- Local candidates only (less than 40 minute drive from Huxley, Alberta) – no LOA or relocation will be provided
- Minimum 5 years' experience with large civil works projects
- Civil works supervisor experience would be an asset
- Previous experience in a safety leadership role considered an asset
- Strong understanding of civil earthworks design in Alberta including environmental and geotechnical requirements would be an asset
- Fluent in English with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Criminal record check and pre-employment drug and medical test will be required
- Candidate must be eligible to work in Canada
GrainsConnect Canada is located in Maymont and Reford, Saskatchewan and Vegreville and Huxley, Alberta. See locations.
GrainsConnect Canada encourages and practices fair hiring processes. All resumes received will be considered equally.